Hey, there, buckaroos! Hope you all had a great weekend! I did, until the Blackhawks lost game 7 in OT, and now I’m a little crabby! :)
So, did you do Me-Made-May this year? If so, are you glad it’s over? For some reason it feels like such a difficulty to wear handmade clothes every day! I’m not much of a stylist, so I didn’t go to any great trouble putting together fancy outfits, but it still felt tough to wear something me-made all the time! I documented the month on my Instagram account, but I thought I’d share a quick pic roundup here on the blog now that it’s all over. Here’s what I wore!
Day 1: Megan Nielsen Briar Top
Day 3: McCall’s 6553, v.2
Day 5: Sewaholic Renfrew top (unblogged)
Day 7: Knit skirt from Workroom Social‘s pop-up class
Day 8: Papercut Patterns Petrouchka Top… you’ll just have to take my word for it!
Day 9: Tessuti Anita Ponte Pants
Day 10: Colette Patterns Sorbetto hack
Day 11: Colette Patterns Laurel dress
Day 12: Colette Patterns Sorbetto top
Day 13: Sewaholic Renfrew top (again)
Day 14: Grainline Studio Scout Tee, v.2
Day 15: Plaintain tee (again)
Day 16: Grainline Studio Archer Shirt
Day 17: Colette Laurel, v.2 + Megan Nielsen Virginia Leggings, v.2 (both unblogged, whoops)
Day 18: Bellatrix Blazer (again) + Victory Patterns Lola dress
Day 19: Papercut Patterns Anima Pants
Day 20: Cation Designs Dolman Top
Day 21: Megan Nielsen Briar Top (again)
Day 22: Tessuti Anita Ponte pants (again)
Day 23: Sewaholic Renfrew top (AGAIN) + Style Arc Romy Anorak (again)
Day 25: Grainline Studio Archer Shirt (again)
Day 26: Papercut Patterns Petrouchka Top (again)
Day 27: Colette Patterns Hazel dress
Day 28: Plantain Top (AGAIN)
Day 29: Cation Designs Dolman Top (again)
Day 30: Republique du Chiffon Michelle Blazer (again)
Day 31: McCall’s 6553, v.1
- I wear jeans every day. Or rather, I wore them 21/31 days. I’ve never made a pair of jeans. I’ve been saying I need to sew a pair for a really, really long time now.
- Because I wear jeans, I wear tops. I prefer to wear woven tops. I wore woven tops 5/31 days. I only have 4 me-made woven tops! Need more of those.
- Related to that, I wear knit tops all the time, because they’re easy to wear with jeans. But I don’t like to wear them very much- I look over these photos, and the days that I really don’t like how I look, I’m wearing a knit top. If it wasn’t Me-Made-May, I’d probably be wearing a RTW buttondown with my jeans most days. So I find myself wearing things that I don’t feel that good in because they’re handmade. Hmm.
- Lots of the garments I wore this month were from patterns I’ve used more than once (10/31). That’s probably a good indicator that they’re wearable.
- Wow, I’m really not a skirt girl! I only wore one once! It was a bit colder than usual this May, or there probably would’ve been a few more dresses in the mix, but I really prefer them to skirts.
- This May I made four (4!) pairs of stretch/sweatpants (well, one went to my sister, so only three are in my wardrobe, but still!). This was partly because I was pattern testing, but also because I was tired of being dressed up on lazy/housecleaning days!
- Confession: I didn’t wear my favorite garment, my Victoria blazer, because it was dirty… the entire month. :o
- I thought I have a fairly cohesive style, but looking over the pics, I’m not really seeing it! Weird!
Well, that’s about all the thought I can put into this for the time being. What are your thoughts on the Me-Made-May experience? Any new conclusions? What items are missing from your handmade wardrobe? What’s your favorite everyday look?