Hi, guys! I’ve been a bad, bad blogger. I’ve been crazy busy and feeling really overwhelmed by the thought of sitting down to post. But things are returning to normal and I’m excited to get back to more regular posting! Here are some quick bullet points to catch you up on what’s been going on chez Ginger:
- Lauren (and Karen!!) came to town! If you haven’t already, check out the great recaps by less lazy/frazzled bloggers on their blogs: Wanett, Lauren, Devra, Charlotte, Karen, Carolyn, Peter (I’m sure I’m forgetting a few since this was, oh, WEEKS AGO)
- I met the coolest cat of all time, Indiana Jones (he’s even friends with Susan Khalje, WHAT?!):
- I did some top-secret pattern testing (another reason for silence on the blog)! You guys. You’re going to love this pattern. I’m just sayin’. GET EXCITED.
- I broke down and ordered a walking foot last week. I’m suuuuuuuper excited to make a plaid Archer shirt, and if that minimizes the cursing, sweating, and crying that I’ll probably be doing as I try to match plaids, that’s gotta be a good thing, right? Anxiously waiting for its arrival as we speak!
- On that note, I’m way stoked for the Archer shirt sewalong! My new office job gives me normal-ish hours, so I *should* actually have the time in the evenings to keep up with this sewalong [sobs of joy]!
- And today my mug is over on True Bias as part of her new series, Tried and True! You guys know Kelli, right? If not, hop over there RIGHT NOW. GO. What are you waiting for?!
But now, let’s get down to our real business– a big, fat, sloppy pattern geek-out! I didn’t even know this was coming, but I just happened to mosey over to Deer & Doe’s blog today and what did I see but NEW SPRING AND SUMMER PATTERNS!!!
Oh my gah, how cute is this?! The Datura blouse, a swingy (but not TOO swingy) woven top with neckline cutouts and buttons in the back (but NOT at the top of the back so my hair won’t get caught on the buttons… GENIUS). And the sample is made in a gorgeous mint green– I can’t even deal with this. Folks. There’s a Peter Pan collar option. I’m in danger of raving.
Look at this! The Reglisse dress, a summery little dress that I’m DYING to get my grubby mitts on! I usually hate elastic waists (c’mon, I’m not a toddler, people!), but I love the neckline, sleeves, and easy fit so much that I just want this pattern so badly! I wanna swan around in a little sailor dress all summer long!
Finally, the Chardon skirt! I rarely wear skirts (it’s just too complicated to put together an outfit, as opposed to just pulling a dress over my head), so I’m not as tempted by this one, but I’m sure that this is making many other hearts go pitter-patter all across the blogosphere. Plus there’s a cute ribbon bow at the back! Sheesh, Eléonore, don’t you know I’m trying not to buy more patterns?! Give a girl a break!
Man. These are all just too amazing. I have serious Paris envy, people (look it up, it’s a psychological disorder)! Why am I all sweaty?
What about you guys? What’s going on with you? These patterns (or any other new ones) got you all hot ‘n’ bothered? Do tell!